When we first wrote about 25 solo date ideas for the weekend, we were living in a pre-pandemic world. While many of the ideas on our list still apply, we've made some tweaks to keep our solo date ideas super safe in a covid-19 world.
So as we approach Valentine's Day Weekend 2021, here are 25 ways you can treat yourself to a solo date to remember.
- Get outdoors. Breathe in some fresh air, take some time to self-reflect, and go on a hike!
- Spa it up. Hitting the spa can be super expensive (and let's be honest - risky), but hitting your local drugstore isn’t. Grab a face mask and a cucumber and have your own DYI spa night. Pro tip? Hang some eucalyptus in your shower.
- Recreate your favorite coffee shop. Turn your home into your favorite coffee shop by putting on John Mayer radio, whipping up some coffee, and diving into the book(s) you’ve been meaning to finish.
- Make yourself a three-course, meal. You’ll learn something new, and it’ll be tasty. Don’t forget to set the table and light candles.
- Get your culture on and go to a virtual museum. Museums around the world have started offering virtual tours. The best part? Google Arts & Culture has 2500 virtual museum tours in one place.
- Borrow an eBook from your local library. While you may not be able to comfortably visit your local library, you can still check out books thanks to the Libby app. Borrow a book and let your imagination roam beyond the confines of your living room.
- Get your wine on with a virtual tasting. Wineries around the world are offering virtual tastings so you can learn more about wine and enjoy tasting it too. Curious about the latest trend of orange wine? Orange Glou does virtual events!
- Bloom it up. Pick up some flowers at your local flower shop or farmer’s market and make an arrangement for your room.
- Dine in. Pick a fancy restaurant in your neighborhood and treat yourself to delivery. Not only will you be treating yourself, you'll be saving your local restaurant.
- Take a virtual class. We’re talking cooking, painting, workout... whatever delights you. It's never too late to learn something new... for pleasure.
- Recreate the silver screen. While going to the movies feels like a distant memory, you can still create an at-home viewing experience that has all the same perks: put some junior mints in the freezer (trust me), pop some theater-style popcorn and schedule a rom-com double header.
- Have a dance party. Turn down the lights, blast Sia, and dance (and sing) until you sweat.
- Get your cuddle on. Order a squishmallow and cuddle away.
- Go on a bike ride. Many cities now have bikes you can rent. And if you haven't been on a bike in a while, don't worry - it's just like riding a bike...
- See the sea. If you have access, go paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing or even walking by the beach because the ocean is healing.
- Take a joy ride. Take a long drive and listen to your favorite album all the way through on full blast.
- Read some poetry. Poetry has. way of soothing not just the mind but also the soul. Our top pick? Self Love Poetry of course.
- Do a craft There are tons of starter kits (like embroidery) for you to pick up a new skill, or keep it simple and pick up an adult coloring book and some markers.
- Take a staycation. Treat the weekend like you would while on vacation - sleep in, order your meals, lay out in the sun (weather permitting), read, rest, and avoid your computer at all costs.
- Do some grooming. A manicure, pedicure, or blowout session never disappoint.
- Give a little. We can gain a lot of joy helping others. Choose a nonprofit with a mission you’re passionate about and see what opportunities there are to donate your time remotely.
- Make some time for DIY sexy time. Set the mood with candles, music and perhaps your favorite toy.
- Do some planting. Whether you make a succulent terrarium for your coffee table or get in the dirt and plant some vegetables, spending time with earth is super grounding.
- Go shopping. Treat yourself to a scene out of Pretty Woman and take yourself online shopping somewhere chic. Our top solo date splurge? The Self Love Pinky Ring of course.
- Fill in the blank. Did we miss something you’ve always wanted to do, but didn’t have someone to do it with? Do it solo, because choosing yourself means not waiting for anyone to fulfill your dreams.
Did we miss something? Comment below to give the tribe even more ideas! Or have you been on a solo date recently? Tell us about it in the comments below!